Praying for Ansley

Friday, May 2, 2008

April - Sweet April

We've been home for 4 weeks and 2 days (we came home April 2)now and with each passing day - it seems more unbelievable that we've been home that long AND that she hasn't always been with us. There are times when it seems like we are still getting to learn her, but most of the time, she just fits in as if she's always been here and we know so much about her. It is really awesome.

I'm trying to think about what is new in the past week. Nothing too new - let me think... I am looking for a new job and have been interviewing a lot recently to take advantage of the time I am at home before having to head back to work. I had three interviews this week and will have another one on Monday. It's great to have so many, and I'm feeling pretty good about a couple of them, but at the same time, I hate that I am missing so much time with Maia!! She has been staying with a friend of mine, Abi on Wednesday and Thursday. She has two kids, Sarah and Jeremiah. Sarah is 2.5 and Jeremiah is going to be 1 on Tuesday. Sarah is certainly enjoying playing with them, and I hope they have enjoyed it too! Today, Maia went and stayed at Stephanie's and played with Evan. For those of you who don't know who that is, that is my ex-husband's 2nd wife, and their child. Evan and Maia are only 4 days apart in age and had fun together as well. It was great that they played together - I hope they will play together again soon.

Today was a gorgeous day! The perfect weather day. Not too hot (I don't even have my air on, and if you know me, you know that's pretty unreal!) The only problem is the blasted pollen that hasn't ended yet, but that has to end soon - everything is almost totally green.

Matthew is growing up! He mowed the lawn tonight and it looks so good. He did the front, we'll have to do the sides and back tomorrow, but at least the front looks good! Also, we bought him new sneakers this week. He is in a size 9 mens! 9!! How is that possible already? Good grief! Maia loves her big brother and he does so well with her!! He got her dressed this a.m. and although he put her overalls on backwards, he helped me out by just getting them on her - so that was great! It is hard to tell the front from the back on these since the shoulder sling part thing doesn't open on these (since the legs are all snaps... you just put them over your head.) So, in his defense too, it is hard to tell front from back.

Maia is signing like crazy. She does 'more', 'please' and 'milk'. She's been doing more for a week or two, and the second she gets up (from a nap or whatever, she is signing that she wants more...) Now though we're starting with the please and what she might want more of, Milk for instance. Otherwise, you have no idea what she wants more of when she says it out of the blue. Also, she's SO proud when she signs a new sign. I make a big deal of it of course, and it makes her so happy!!

She is still sleeping well at night. Her naps are iffy. If she takes a cat nap in the car it's almost impossible to get her to sleep again in the afternoon. Also, even though she has allergies (or perhaps a little cold) this week, she was taking 1 to MAYBE 2 hour naps - not her normal 2 to more likely 3 hour naps. Also, for a day or two, as she breathed in her sleep, she sounded like Darth Vader... Can you say, Benadryl?

I did get my new laptop and will be taking and posting some pictures soon. I'm still catching up from having such limited access to a computer for so long, so I need to catch up and then post some pics!

Alright, I'm falling asleep, so I'll end now and post again when I can download the pictures to the new computer. Happy May!

3 comments:

Sandi said...

So happy you are now able to update and that your new computer arrived.

It is nice to hear that everyone is settling into a routine. Matt sure sounds like he is growing up. It happens fast.

Happy May... Sandi

Trudi said...

I agree with Sandi - it sounds like you are in a great routine.
Can't wait for pix :) and what a sweet son you have to help you with the baby like he is - that's a GREAT older bro!

Catalina said...

So happy to read the updates! I can not believe is already a month! WE are still waiting for our travel date, hopefully today we will find out for sure. Most lkely we will travel this weekend to Almaty. Can`t wait. Good luck with your job interviews, I know it will be hard and you will miss Maia, but I am sure everybody will be OK. Are you planning to take her to a day care anytime soon? We are still debating about Yulia but thinking maybe only next year after she will be 2.