Praying for Ansley

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Two Weeks

We left home two weeks ago today. It some ways, it doesn't seem like we've been gone that long, and in others ways, it seems like eons longer.

Matthew and Dad called this morning, before we were out of bed actually! The first time they called, it took me a few minutes to shake the cobwebs out of my head before I reacted enough to get up and get the phone. Right when I reached it, it stopped ringing. I went back to bed. 40 minutes later, it rang again. Now I realized it must be them and I was quicker (albeit not quick!) to get the phone this time. It was such a great surprise to get a call from them!! (Although, apparently I was the one who picked this time for them to call?!?!) LOL. Matthew was full of all sorts of news and it was just so wonderful to hear his voice and his stories. I enjoyed every minute of it and have replayed the converstaion in my head many times over today. At some point, we decided it was only fair to give Grandma and Grandpa a chance to chat as well, so we ended the conversation and said we'll talk again later this week.

They are having crazy weather in Virginia. Mid-60's Monday, snow (or ice) expected Wedneday and Friday. Gotta love Virginia weather! Let me tell you about the weather in's cold. Well, that didn't take as long as I thought it would. :) Actually, although it is cold, I must admit it is NOTHING like what I feared. Now, it's cold, don't get me wrong, but I thought I would just shake and shiver and clatter my teeth the whole time I was here and that is just not the case. In fact, I'm not wearing my heaviest clothes at all.

We visited the baby today during our normally scheduled time. All the babies in her room have colds and when we got there, they were waiting for the doctor to come upstairs and make sure she was OK for a visit. She actually isn't showing the signs of a cold like the other babies (running nose, etc.) but as the visit progressed we did realize she has a cough. They allowed us to visit with her, but we had to wait in the baby room until lunch time and then feed her in the lunch room (where it is warmer than in other rooms) and then play for slightly less time in the music room today. Also, while in the music room, she had to be wrapped up in a blanket and not get on the floor so she wouldn't get cold. Now, let me just say that keeping a toddler wrapped up and not crawling isn't easy, but for most of the visit, she was actually content to just snuggle - which was fine with me!! It was only towards the end that she wanted to get down and really move around - so it wasn't anywhere near as hard as I was afraid to keep her wrapped up and warm. She obviously was feeling a little out of sorts to sit there, content, for so long without really playing. I hope she doesn't get too bad a cold! Sneak peek...

1 comment:

Jennifer M said...

2 weeks?!?! Holy cow!! It doesn't seem like you've been gone that long!

If it makes you feel better, it's been colder here on average than in Petro. :-( i.e. it's -9 at 10am. No good!! I hope your Dad and Matthew don't get hit with an ice storm.

What a cute belly shot! I bet it's hard not to cover it in lots and lots of kisses.

I love the daily stories!