Praying for Ansley

Sunday, July 6, 2008

She's setting trends already...

So, Maia is already setting trends Maia style... check this out.



She loves to pick up and put on any hat that is laying around.. so here - she found my red sun visor (which is way too tight on my head, so it is now hers!!) The funny thing is, she puts it on upside down, 100% of the time. She often finds baseball hats of Matthew's too and often puts those on the 'cool' way, backwards, of course!!

Side view: this cracks me up!



Here, Maia is still wearing the visor, but she is dragging around her red chair. She drags this chair around with her like some kids carry blankies or something... She drags it all over the house. It's funny! I don't know why she's so attached to it exactly, it's certainly not because she SITS in it that often... she just takes it from place to place to place to place to place... you get the idea.



This will sound crazy to most, if not all of you, but I feel the need to mention this. my parents have owned their beach house since I was expecting Matthew, 13 years. All that time, there has been a 'wild' male Peacock living in their neighborhood, within a few houses of theirs. It was so cool. For many years, you would just hear it 'squawking' and then I finally found it. The last two years, I saw it, feathers in all their glory as he strutted about - I have some cool pictures (that I'll try to find and attach.) Anyway we found out recently that he was attacked by a dog and killed!! It turns out, he has lived there 25 years. I've known this for about a week now, but I am still SO SAD about it when I think about him. I LOVED going to their house and hearing him, over and over squawking outside. I loved it! So did Matthew. I was there two weeks ago, before we knew what happened, and didn't hear him at all that weekend. Now, that happens every so often, but now we know why. I never liked weekends where I didn't hear him and now I know that will be the norm when I am there from now on. Sad. Anyway, had to mention the peacock. The beach won't ever be quite the same....



We actually have better pictures of him somewhere, but these were from my cell phone and all I've got for now. We have some great full feathered ones somewhere, I need to find them!!

I hope everyone has a great Monday and week. Until next time...

2 comments:

Kim said...

Would you believe Lindsay also pushes a little decorative chair all around our house? It's too small for her to sit in but it's cute to watch her try. Love the visor and the beach house! That is sad about the peacock! Why is it that the males have such pretty feathers and the poor females are ugly? Ha!

Jessica and Chris said...

Great pictures! Maybe Maia wants to know that she can always sit down just in the event that she wants to! I am sad for Mr. Peacock.....

Jessica