Praying for Ansley

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July

I love the 4th of July! I'm not sure why exactly, I just do. Today was a nice day with Matthew and Maia, but the weather wasn't that great. In fact, it is raining now as the fireworks are going off in the distance. We did not go see any fireworks tonight. We are lucky enough to live next to a golf course and they have a show on July 3rd, so we got to see those last night, without the rain!! Sitting right on the green of the gof course, across the street from our house. Lovely!!

I had to laugh when just got an email from my sister and her family. They sent a picture of the dessert they made and were taking to a neighborhood celebration. This is it:

Aren't they adorable? Doesn't the cake look awesome?? Of course, I wanted to say hello back, so I emailed about our day and attached a few pictures of my own.... including this one....

We didn't have enough strawberries to do a 1/2 strawberry in each location, so we had to slice ours, but pretty funny, eh?? You'd think we were raised in the same house or something?!?!?!

Here are a few other pictures from today:

OK, the computer just died (for some reason, the internet often crashes when I try to upload pictures in to blogger... I have yet to figure out why...) So, I'll post this like this and add more pictures later if I can!! Happy July 4th everyone!!

3 comments:

Sam said...

What a sweet picture with the sparklers. (and the cake looks great too!)
happy 4th

Kim said...

Looks like a fun 4th. I really have made a dessert like that too. But mine was jello recipe. Yours looks yummy!

Jennifer said...

Happy belated 4th! I love that last picture of her watching the sparkler. What a pretty girl!

Family traditions are so fun!