Praying for Ansley

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Not a great day

I went back to the dermatologist today to have a 'thing' checked on my back. Well, she couldn't rule out skin cancer, so she did a biopsy. Now, it should be no big deal she said, even if it is cancer... but come on!! A bad day at work and a cancer biopsy in the same day... It's a day to remember (or forget?!!!) that's for sure!

I'm getting excited now about the holidays. Yeah!! I will be having family here this year since we weren't sure where we'd be, or whether I'd be traveling or not (in Kazakhstan.) Of course, i'm not in Kazakhstan (Check out their weather by the way - yikes!) So, it will be me and Matthew, my brother and my parents. Quiet, and different than we are accustomed to. I wish we could have more family come, or that we could go somewhere...

Like I said, it'll be quiet - but for this year... that's ok. We will miss my sister and her whole family who are staying in SC to celebrate. (She's due with her baby in 6 weeks... so she needs to stay put!) Also, my mom's brother and sister-in-law were hoping we could all travel there this year (to TN) but it just didn't work. My grandma will be visiting them however. I'm hoping next year we can all get together!! With my new addition from Kaz, and my sisters newest addition in the new year, and my cousin who is also expecting a little one... we could have quite a new generation to start a NEW 'kids' table and I might actually get to sit with the adults...

I'm going to try to set up a new poll, for fun... Tell me what you favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal is. (Hey! I'm unemployed... cut me some slack!) :)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jennifer said...

Hmm... I voted for "other" and wrote in Pecan Pie, but I don't think it shows that I typed Pecan Pie- only that I chose other.