Praying for Ansley

Thursday, November 8, 2007

The day that wouldn't end

OK - I'm in my happy place... sitting down to read the blogs about people who have either been to Kazakhstan to meet and bring home their child, or those that are currently there, having the time of their lives with the children they just met! It is SO exciting to read these wonderful stories! And the updates from home are just incredible! Anyway, I love reading all these great stories.

It is so great to be at home with Matthew. Work stinks and some days are just excrutiating. Today was one of those days. Although unfortunately I can't shake my 'mood' when I get home, at least not completely, inside I'm so happy to be home for the night and with my boy. Let me just say... the mortgage business is no place for the faint of heart! I look forward to the day I can move to the next stage of that part of my life. In the meantime, I am trying hard to focus on fun things with Matthew, getting ready for Christmas, which I will almost certainly be home for at this point!!, and preparing for a brand new baby girl!!

Sorry to be so contemplative, it was just one of those days!

Matthew really ended the quarter on a high note! He got a 98 on his GT History project, and 98 on his spanish Day of the Muerta project (a project on my 107 year old great-grandmother!) and a 95 on a math test! Bam! Unfortunately, the quarter started 'slow' so the average is just that... This quarter SHOULD go much better... Let's pray!

Ok, so my village is up, and now my nativity scene is up along with a few knick-knacks. Yeah yeah, I know it is early, but it makes me relax and happy to focus on other stuff when I'm at home. Come Dec., I'll be ready to ENJOY the decorations rather than just dragging them all out of the closet. :) Baby steps... and it'll be a winter wonderland before you know it! (It already feels like one outside!!)

No comments: