Praying for Ansley

Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Charlie Brown Tree...

"Christmas time is here. Happiness and cheer. Fun for all that children call, the greatest time of year. Snowflakes in the air. Carols everywhere. Olden times and ancient rhymes, Of love and dreams to share. Sleigh bells in the air. Beauty everywhere. Yuletide by the fireside, And joyful memories there. Christmas time is here. We'll be drawing near. Oh, that we could always see, Such spirit through the year. Oh, that we could always see, Such spirit through the year." I love a Charlie Brown Christmas - classic! What I love more is that I just spent $40 on a Christmas tree for my sitting room (I like our real trees the best, but we don't have it yet, and it we aren't sitting in the living room, then you can't see it!) So, I decided to buy a small, 4.5 foot tree for my sitting room, and I just put it together. It's prelit, and i haven't fluffed the branches yet really to make it look like a real tree, so in the meantime, it is a true Charlie Brown tree. Ornaments might help. :)

I have most of the Christmas stuff out now. I haven't placed it in the right places yet, but it is out of the boxes and ready to be 'put'. We are going to get our real tree next Sunday - I can be obsessive about it, so it takes a while to get all the lights on, especially!

Our neighborhood already has a lot of outside lights up and lit. There is one of 'those' houses in the neighborhood... with SO many lights, it could light a small town. (no kidding.) the lights and decorations are set to music on the radio when you are near their house, so you can listent to Christmas songs and watch the lights 'blink' in unison. I took some cell phone video.... i just have to figure out how to download it and then post it. It's too classic!

Well, another week at work. I don't want to go - this weekend went way too fast!

I should hear about the interviews I had last week, hopefully tomorrow. Of course, I guess I'm only hopeful if I GET the job... not so much otherwise! I do want to know what I'm dealing with though (job or no job...) so I'd just as soon hear so I know the 'deal'!

I hope everyone has an awesome week. I hope to hear something from the adoption agency this week... but I think it's too soon and I probably won't... wait, wait, and wait some more! :P

No comments: